Messaging allows Buyers and Suppliers to communicate directly with each other about open Request Information events. As a Buyer you may want to send out clarifying information to participating Suppliers. Messaging can be accessed via the envelope icon in the header bar. A counter on the icon shows how many unread messages you have.
Message Suppliers – Request Information Events
You can reply to Suppliers’ messages about Events here. To initiate a conversation with an individual Supplier or all invited Suppliers navigating to an open Event and select ‘Message’ under ‘Actions’. Note that any Supplier responses to your message will only be seen by you, not by the other Suppliers.
- The message header contains your organisation name and the Event name.
- Enter your message and when complete, ‘Send’.
Note that only the Event contact in your organisation will receive emails when messages are received. All users in your organisation will be able to see received messages within the platform.
You can manage your messages by flagging, filtering and searching by keyword with the icons on the left-hand side of the messaging page.
- Filter by organisation: Click the top icon for a list of all organisations that have sent messages, organised alphabetically. Typing into the search box at the top will limit the list to those that include that text. Clicking on the organisation shows the filtered list of conversations. The search box at the top can then be used to pinpoint Request Information events in the list.
- Filter by people: Clicking on the Person icon produces a list of sender individuals, who can then be searched by keyword.
- Filter by Request Information Event: The third icon allows messages to be narrowed down by the Event they related to. A top tip for this functionality is that you can use the search box at the top of the list not only to search for event names, but also your own name if event contact.
- Filter by flagged conversations: The fourth icon allows you to filter for conversations that you have flagged. You will see the icon to flag conversations within the message reading pane.